According to a Chinese Medicine saying, restoring and maintaining health
consists of 1/3 treatment and 2/3 parts proper diet and lifestyle modifications.
Acupuncture, Chinese herbal therapy, and other modalities including tui na
bodywork, cupping, and moxabustion are treatment components of Chinese
medicine. Some of the diet and lifestyle modifications important to recovery
and health maintenance include:
- The proper dietary strategy for your particular condition
- Nutrition supplementation in the form of concentrated whole foods to give
the body the full complex of all the nutrients it needs to support your healing process
- Scheduling time for your own care; fitting yourself in to your life.
- Believing in your ability to heal and see yourself well.
- Engaging in healthy, supportive relationships.
- A balance of cardiovascular exercise, weight bearing exercise, and restorative healing movement such as
Qi Gong, Tai Chi, or Yoga.
- Recognizing triggers in your environment that may impede you from reaching your goals, and removing
them or learning healthy responses in the face of those triggers.
- Cultivation of a happy and peaceful attitude.
As your partners in supporting your best health we realize that these and other lifestyle elements play an important role in your ability to heal. We work with you as these issues come up to help you incorporate the tools and choices that promote your health goals.